Today my boyfriend Jeff and I went swimming at Lakewood Country Club and the workout was coached by Bill Shechtman. Bill coached me at RMSC when I was 13-14 years old...too funny! Lakewood has a beautiful 8-lane 25 meter pool. There were only 8 people there so everyone got their own lane. Jeff and I swam next to each other near the pace clock. Here's the workout....
500 warm up
12 x 50 descend in groups of 3 on 1:00
8 x 75 continuous (25 drill, 25 kick, 25 swim)
5 x 200 free descend on 3:20
I went 2:55, 2:50, 2:47, 2:43, 2:42. Jeff did IM for the last two and it was tough to keep up with him!
5 x 200 free descend on 3:20
I was supposed to do backstroke on the last two but we were swimming outside and I had already run into the lane rope several times earlier so I stuck with free. Jeff did IM on the last two and I kept up on #4 but he crushed me on #5. I went 3:10, 2:55, 2:50, 2:47, 2:43.
200 warm down
We headed home for waffles and then met up with fellow masters swimmer Jen O'Rilley and her swimmer boyfriend John to go canoeing on the Potomac. As luck would have it, there were no canoes left by the time we got there so we rented a rowboat instead. It was a ton of fun! We brought lunch from the Marvelous Market and pulled off to the side of the river to have a picnic. It was a great day to be boating!
Sunday, September 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment