From left to right: Tammi, Pablo, Scott, Stan, Ricardo, Jay, Rose, Ted (recruit), Brian, Julie, Marcie, Cathy, Susan, mini-Susan (recruit)I feel some sense of redemption after this weekend's swim meet. My times were good and I felt in shape unlike last weekend's meet where I felt like I hadn't been in the pool in months. The meet started out with Jeff's blistering 56.00 in the 100 IM good for 1st place.
Then the ladies were up in the 50 back. The usual suspects were in the fast heat....Leslie, Mollie, Barbara and I. Leslie smoked us with her 30.34. I went 31.31 (not my best, but not bad) followed very closely by Mollie and Barbara.
Jeff was up next in the 100 fly, an event he did last weekend also. He was 54.98 last weekend and has been much faster than that in the past. I knew a 53 would make him happy and he finished 1st in 53:63 (same time as his high school record).
Then the women's grudge match continued with the 100 back. Leslie scratched and I was in lane 5 in between Barbara and Mollie. Good place to be so I could somewhat keep my eyes on them. I finished in 1:06.95 right in between Mollie and Barbara. I went out in a 33.30 and back in 33.65. After looking though my past 100 back races, I'm beginning to see that I have nearly even split that race several times. I'm encouraged by that performance and looking forward to beating my masters best of 1:05.03 soon!
The meet continues with Jeff's 50 breast and my 100 free. Then the 25s. We raced 25 back, 25 breast, 25 fly and 25 free. It was so much fun and so hard to sprint for that short distance. My strokes totally fell apart as I tried to sprint, but I gave it my best try! Jeff also did his best and was 2nd in the "Fastest Man" competition by only 1 point to 20 year-old Warren.
GMUP Sprint Classic Results
Lessons learned: Long distance training does nothing for my 100 back time. I'm thinking that I only need to be swimming 4 days/week and no more than 16,000 yards/week. I definitely need to add in some sprint workouts. Jeff and I are going to head up to Rutgers for the Colonies Zone SCM Championship from Dec. 7-9. Hopefully I will have enough time between now and then to train for a really great 100 & 200 back.
No comments:
Post a Comment