Today I swam at the
Campus Recreation Center at University of Arizona. They have a nice 50 meter pool that was set up 25
scy. I arrived around 3:30 and after quite a hassle with paying, waivers, etc. since I wasn't associated with the school, I finally made it to the pool deck around 4:00 pm. I noticed an organized group of some sort in the lanes next to me and over the next 30 minutes it became apparent that they were a triathlon group. I warmed up, did a moderate set and then finished with 5 x 100 on 1:30 at a good hard pace but not all out. When I was almost to the
flip turn on the 50, I noticed that the whole triathlon group was underwater watching me swim. It was hilarious. I almost started laughing at the sight of them, but told myself that I had to remain composed and finish the swim strong and not fall apart. This totally made my day!
Tucson was incredible. The bike ride went very well and we had an uneventful weekend...which is a GOOD thing! Some of my favorite places to eat in Tucson include:
Frog & FirkinGentle Ben's Brewing CompanyMy new favorite beer is
Hoegaarden White, or
click here for info in English.
No comments:
Post a Comment