Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Swim Suits and a Broken Foot

Let's start with the more exciting topic: SWIM SUITS!

Sport Fair in Arlington, VA recently opened a new store and I haven't seen it yet, so today during lunch I went over to check out their new digs. I was greeted by my friend Margaret Connor who took me on a tour of their two HUGE rooms full of merchandise, their new dressing rooms and their conference room. They have offices and storage space too. From someone who has tried on multiple Speedo Fastskin swimsuits in the old store, it's a good thing they have fans in the dressing rooms!

I told Margaret right when I arrived that I was NOT buying another pink swim suit. Keep reading to see how that worked out! I really had no business buying a swimsuit at all. I have several polyester suits that just don't wear out. What's the fun in that? You mean I have to wear the same swim suit for a whole year before buying another one? Life is way too short to not wear cute suits to swim practice.



My first purchase: Speedo Women's Vanquisher Goggles








Purchase #2: Speedo Flipturns pink camo swim suit. Yes, I know, I already have the 2-piece version of this suit. But it was on sale and it's cute! After all, the flipturns motto is: "Be loud. Be Spontaneous. Be Fun. Be You."





Purchase #3: Splish Brown & Pink polyester/lycra suit. I had a splish suit years ago but it just didn't fit right. I had been looking for a polka dot suit for a while and when I saw this one in the store I knew I had to have it. It fit perfectly. It's a poly/lycra blend so it should last longer than regular lycra suits.




My Broken Foot
My seconds item to discuss is not nearly as exciting as new pink swim suits. Two weeks ago I came back from taking Tucker on his morning walk and slipped on the basement floor falling on the outside of my foot. I knew immediately that something was wrong so I screamed upstairs to Joanne who brought me a bag of ice. After a few minutes of sitting on the floor icing my foot I tried to get up and couldn't put any weight on my foot. Bad news, it's broken. I broke the cuboid bone (the one in yellow in the picture below) in my left foot, but the good news is that it will heal in a few weeks and be better than new.



For now, I'm wearing a boot on my left foot, but only for another week or so. I can still swim, just can't push off the wall with my left foot or kick at all. It's feeling a lot better so hopefully I will be able to swim at Albatross and Zones.

No comments: