Today I participated in the Iron Girl Triathlon with the LUNA Chix, a triathlon team I joined this year in order to promote triathlon and raise awareness and funds for the Breast Cancer Fund. We had our tent at the expo on Saturday and handed out several hundred LUNA Bars and also gathered names for BCF and our yahoo group.
The triathlon was fun. I was 1st in my age group after the swim and 12th overall. I decided to enjoy the rest of the race and not try to race it. On such limited bike and run training I knew I had no business trying to race it. I had some issues with my gears on the bike, but never got discouraged. The run was tough, but fortunately I've done the Columbia Triathlon a few times and knew what to expect as far as hills on the run. I had so much fun out there and saw so many people I knew and they were also having fun!
Sunday, August 19, 2007
Iron Girl Triathlon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment