After realizing that I have swim more than 100,000 yards in open water this year, I thought it would be fun to put together a list of those places....
Lake Anna- near Fredericksburg, VA
Tampa Bay- St. Petersburg, FL
Lake San Antonio- CA
Chesapeake Bay near the West River- MD
Ala Moana Bay- Waikiki, HI
Around Flat Island- Kailua, HI
Barton Springs- Austin, TX
La Jolla Cove- San Diego, HI
Lake Barcroft- Falls Church, VA
Chesapeake Bay- Annapolis, MD
Deep Creek Lake- Swanton, MD
Chris Green Lake- Charlottesville, VA
Schuylkill River- Philadelphia, PA
Huntington Bay- Long Island, NY
Lake Champlain- New York to Vermont
Centennial Lake- Columbia, MD
Lake Montclair- Dumfries, VA
Smith Mountain Lake- VA
Pohick Bay- Lorton, VA
What's on the calendar for 2008?
Probably not the Chesapeake Bay Swim. I will likely do the Lake Champlain 8-mile swim again, but this year Katie and I are determined to share the #1 spot rather than #2 and #4. I would also like to try one of the more exotic locations like Bermuda or Bonaire. We'll see. I really enjoyed the 5K distance so will be looking for 1 or 2 of those for next year. And then there's triathlon. Not sure what races I will do outside of the races that LUNA Chix decide to participate in. Since so many are sold out, I'll probably stick with the smaller races where you can sign up the day before.
Monday, October 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment