Monday, October 15, 2007

Sun Devil Masters - Tempe, AZ


While on a work trip to the Grand Canyon I spent a night in Phoenix and got to swim with the Sun Devil Masters at Arizona State University in Tempe, AZ. It was their "easy day" and we barely swam 2,000 yards. Everyone was so friendly and I will definitely go back when I am there in January. As I was driving back to my hotel in Phoenix I called my boyfriend Jeff. He asked me who was coaching. I couldn't remember his name, but knew that he had an accent. Turns out it was Simon Percy who was coaching and in 1994 he had broken Jeff's 200 IM national record in the 200 IM for the 18-24 age group. I thought it was funny that Jeff knew that, but then again, I probably would have too if it were my record. I still know what records I have in MCSL. Several of them just turned 22 years old this past summer :)

No comments: