

I will post more details later, but here's the quick summary...I didn't have any really well thought out goals, but I had thought about these stretch goals in the week leading up to the race:
1st woman on swim, top 10 overall on swim
sub-1:30 on the bike
sub-3:00 total time
Here's how it went:
Swim: 22:24- 1st woman, **UPDATE** 3rd overall
T1: 3:15
Bike: 1:29:20- made my goal, it was tough, but I got the job done :)
T2: 1:03
Run: 1:04:00- pretty good for a TOUGH run!
Total time: 2:59:58- More later, but I knew with 1.2 miles to go that I was cutting it close and nearly threw up with about 100 yards to go because I was sprinting trying to make it in under 3:00. I was the 10th woman overall and 3rd in my age group.
Complete results are posted here: http://www.savagemantri.org/
Complete results are posted here: http://www.savagemantri.org/
Jeff did the 1/2 IM distance Aquabike and crushed the swim and then finished the bike with a HUGE smile. His times were really great and he did it on his mountain bike.
More later...

4 comments:
YEAH! You did SO good :) I am really happy you are getting back into it. Grrr....my swim time did not register....I was 28:30...but no time in the results!!! I could have won some cash! cripes.
Wonderful, Julie! I'm so sorry I missed meeting up with you. But I'm so glad to have found your blog via your comment on Holly's.
You had a great race! First woman swimmer! Top ten! Totally awesome!
It ws GREAT to see you as I entered T2! Your cheering was a much needed boost when I was feeling pretty darn spent! Great work on your race... and for not "thinking" out your goals, you were right on! way to go.
Great job, especially winning the swim. Woo-hoo!
Post a Comment